The Baobab Network invests in early-stage businesses all around Africa. It was formed by Africa’s most daring innovators and future business leaders.
Since 2016, we’ve been working with African entrepreneurs, and in 2019, we launched our world-class accelerator, which provides founders with the cash and platform they need to take their businesses global.
In exchange for 10% equity, we provide start-ups $25,000 USD in financing and two years of personalized support, including a dedicated venture partner. Our ventures team works with our portfolio companies to help them scale by accelerating growth, building capacity, and unlocking the next rounds of investment.
We’d love to talk to you if you are building the next Flutterwave, Sendy or Alerzo.
Application for 2022 Accelerator Program
Who can apply?
- Early-stage technology or technology-enabled businesses
- Living and working in a key market that we cover in Africa
- Companies across many sectors and verticals. See our FAQ’s for companies we don’t specialize in.
What should I do before I apply?
- Familiarise yourself with our FAQ’s and our Application Form
- It takes about 15 to 25 minutes to complete the application form, and the more information you can supply ahead, the better.
What do I need to apply?
- We specialize in early-stage companies, and we prefer companies that have produced an MVP of their product or service or are in the early phases of scaling.
- Provide documents to support your application like investment deck, cap table, traction document, etc.
When can I apply?
- We are a non-cohort based accelerator, for now, so we accept new businesses onto the accelerator programme throughout the year
- We assess applications on a rolling basis, so if you’re interested in receiving financing, please contact us. Within 2-3 months, a member of our team will contact successful applicants.
We begin by creating a worldwide team of 3-4 business and industry professionals to collaborate with entrepreneurs on a 5-day in-country consulting project to address the most pressing difficulties they face.
2 Years of Hands-On Venture Support
For the next 24 months, each start-up is assigned a dedicated Baobab Venture Partner, who develops and implements a unique business acceleration plan and provides remote, hands-on support to the founders.
Lifetime Access to Our Network
Our extensive network of worldwide partners is ready to give its services and expertise, run pilots and explore early commercial collaborations, and help start-ups with grants, equity, and debt funding.
Application Deadline: December 31st, 2021
For more information and to apply: Visit the official page of the Baobab Network Technology Accelerator 2022