Siemens South Africa Proprietary Limited is a local subsidiary of Siemens Aktiengesellschaft (“Siemens AG”), which is based in Germany. Siemens AG is a worldwide technology leader that connects the digital and physical worlds together for the benefit of customers and society. The company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings, decentralized energy systems, and process and manufacturing automation, and digitalization.
Every year, we look for graduates who are willing to take the initiative and make a difference in the fields of engineering and technology. We’re seeking true game changers, innovators, and trendsetters. The Siemens Bursary Scheme is for you if you are interested in Engineering and Technology. We want to empower you so you can reach your dreams and build your next adventure.
- Bsc/B.Eng Electrical Engineering – Heavy Current
- Bsc/B.Eng Electronic/Engineering – Light Current
- BSc Information Technology
- B.Eng in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (Mechatronics)
Academic and Personal Record
- English – Level 5 and Above
- Pure Maths – Level 5 and Above
- Physical Science – Level 5 and Above
- Unemployed South African Citizen between 18 – 25 years
- Completed Matric/Grade 12
- A minimum Academic Average of 65% and above in the year that you are applying for the bursary i.e. in grade 12 or Tertiary Level
- Studying/be accepted to start studying full time within one of the fields of study stipulated above.
- Select an institution that is locally recognized.
- Meet the registration criteria of the Training Institutions
- Proof of acceptance by the training institution is required before a bursary can be awarded
- Students should not be receiving any other funding e.g. National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS)
- Students should be willing to work for the company during vacation periods.
- Students from disadvantaged backgrounds will be given preference.
- Students who meet the above minimum eligibility requirements may apply by submitting clear copies of the following supporting documents:
- Motivation Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- ID Document
- Matric Certificate
- Fully Tertiary Academic Record (If Applicable)
Your application will be reviewed after all your documents and information have been received. Our Siemens Recruiter/Bursary coordinator will contact you for a virtual video interview if you meet the bursary academic criteria.
You will be awarded a Bursary for that particular year of study.