Application Deadline: December 15, 2021
Application for Summer Research Fellowship for ETH Student in 2022 are now open. Undergraduate and graduate students can participate in the program to obtain their first research experience in a field of their choice. The fellowship offered by the ETH Computer Science Department lasts for two summer months and is open to students from all around the world. In the field of computer science, the department is committed to improving diversity.
The Student Summer Research Fellowship program at ETH Zurich is primarily focused on conducting research in one of the various fields.
- Duration are July 1 through August 31: Please note that the fellowship’s start and end dates are set to include the entire month of July and August.
- Eligibility: Bachelor’s and master’s students from all over the world who plan to graduate during the spring semester of the year after the two-month fellowship.
- Extensive research experience: As part of a research group in our department, fellows will undertake a research topic that coincides with a specified area of interest. Interacting and collaborating with group members is part of this.
- Socializing and networking: Several on-site social events will help fellows meet people outside of their research groups, including current ETH students at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Stipend: Fellows at ETH Zurich will receive a monthly stipend of around CHF 1.750 to cover accommodation and living expenses. Travel and visa costs will also be reimbursed. At the start of the program, students can claim travel expenses against receipts.
- Accommodation: Once an applicant is accepted into the program, affordable accommodation for the duration of the research stay will be arranged. We’ll also give you information on how to apply for a visa (where required).
- Switzerland. In the summer, fellows have the opportunity to immerse themselves in Zurich’s vibrant culture as well as Switzerland’s stunning mountainous surroundings.
If you meet the following criteria, you are eligible for the ETH Student Summer Research Fellowship program:
- You are enrolled in a bachelor’s or master’s degree program in computer science or a closely related discipline (e.g., electrical engineering, mathematics, physics)
- Your present study program’s planned graduation date (bachelor’s or master’s) is in the year following the fellowship or later.
- By the time you begin the program, you will have completed two years of study (master students naturally satisfy this condition)
- The fellowship lasts for the entire months of July and August, and you must be present during that period.
- Participants must produce a valid certificate of COVID- 19 immunization with an approved vaccine or proof of recovery at the start of the program due to current COVID- 19 safety precautions, travel limitations, and quarantine requirements.
The program is entirely conducted in English. Despite the fact that formal proof of language competency is not necessary, the fellowship requires a decent working understanding of English, which may be examined during an interview.
Your application will be assessed based on the materials you submit. An interview with the shortlisted candidates may be held as the final phase of the application process.