About Future Africa
Future Africa is an early-stage venture fund that connects investors to mission-driven founders who are turning Africa’s most difficult challenges into global businesses. Our mission is to fund a future where purpose and prosperity are within everyone’s reach.
We have 50+ portfolio companies with $20M USD under management including Andela and Flutterwave. Our fund is backed by the founders of Andela, Paystack, Jumpbike, and investors at Local Globe. If this sounds exciting to you, we should probably talk about working together.
Role: Investment Associate
Full-time, Fully Remote
- Taking initiative, never waiting to be told what to do
- 1-3 years work experience in a previous role in venture capital, startups, or financial services operations
- A demonstrable passion for African startups and the technology sector
- Ability to work remotely with fast wifi
- Minimum 5+ hours overlap with WAT business hours
In this role, you’ll often find yourself…
- Managing deal sourcing and pipeline-filtering applications, setting up meetings, communicating with founders throughout the process
- Evaluating opportunities, conducting diligence, and working with portfolio companies to close transactions
- Keeping meticulous, trackable records of fund operations and fund administration
- Working with teams and service providers to set up approved deals, send them out, and close them
- Tracking relevant trends and conducting in-depth market research and analysis
- Supporting founders in and outside of the portfolio
- Ideating on and providing feedback and insights into our investment theses
This role could be perfect for you if…
- You’re an International Investment Professional
- You love capital management and using investment for creating a better future. You’ve worked in multiple countries, for multiple startups, and/or studied at multiple universities and you’ve translated that experience into analyzing and driving deals.
- You’re a Creative Financial Concierge
- You love working with founders and matchmaking opportunities. You turn relationships into deal pipelines and make sure everyone has the right information at the right time.
- You’re an Investment Industry Change Tracker
- You’re consummately curious about how the industry is changing. You follow all the best and most trusted sources of information and thought leaders. And you share your knowledge to help make your organization and the industry better.
For priority consideration, please apply by 19 November 2021.
Apply for this job here.