Village Capital, under the Adaptation SME Accelerator Project (ASAP), an initiative supported by the Lightsmith Group, in partnership with the Inter-American Development Bank, the Global Environment Facility, and Conservation International, will help 16 African and Asian SMEs and startups scale market-based and contextualized solutions to crucial climate adaption and resilience issues.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2022.
About The Program
SMEs and startups will participate in a one-week intensive virtual training program that will support companies that are aimed at impact (that is, measurable, contextualized, and with clear solutions to identified problems), inclusion (entrepreneurs with deep experience with the problems they seek to address), and profit-oriented (that is, companies that are profitable) (sustainable, scalable startups that can drive positive financial and social return).
Be an SME or startup in a developing country in Africa or Asia developing or providing products and/or services (ideally technology-enabled) that improve target users’ resilience to climate change impacts by either –
- Strengthening users’ ability to understand and respond to physical climate risks – either chronic or acute – and related impacts, as well as capture related opportunities, to address systemic barriers to adaptation.
- Preventing or minimising physical climate risk, whether chronic or acute, and/or any negative consequences for assets, economic activities, people, or the environment.
Climate resilience and adaptation solutions offer should aim to be as minimally carbon-intensive as possible. Examples include (but are not limited to):
- Transportation, logistics, Infrastucture
- Climate Risk Analytics and Risk Management
- Applications Open: December 7, 2021
- Applications Close: January 31, 2022
- Cohort Announcement: March 25, 2022
- Orientation Webinar: April 1, 2022
- Preparation for Accelerator Program: April 2-16, 2022
- Accelerator Program: April 18-22, 2022
Please note that the deadline for applications is January 31, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. EST. We will not be able to grant any additional extensions.
For more information;