The UK-Africa Technology & Innovation Summit organized by SSCG is a digital and technology development in accelerating innovations, transferring of knowledge, partnerships, and investments between the UK and Africa.
Join the summit to connect with like-minded business leaders, investors, and entrepreneurs, to get recent updates, insights, perspectives, strategies, and the best practical practices.
About the Uk-AfricaTechnology & Innovation Summit
Due to the recent pandemic, Covid- 19, it is believed and expected that economic growth across Africa will be delayed as well as the rest of the world for years to come. But, the rate at which technology and digital opportunities across Africa are on the rise as well as unlocking new innovations and opportunities are highly commended despite the Covid-19 restrictions.
The resilience of Africa’s internet economy along with the growth in the population of private consumption, great developer talent, private and public investment in digital infrastructure, connectivity, and the new policies and regulations put in place by the government continues to drive the economic growth.
The rising number of technology and digital economy-based companies are creating avenues for significant economic growth that will aid the creation of a new source of value, business growth, innovative products, job creation, entrepreneurship, financial liberation and contribute to overcoming Africa’s challenges of future development.
Details of Event
Date: Feb 17, 2022
Time: 10:30 am – 15:00 pm GMT
Ticket: £16.76 – £27.54
Location: Online Event
Agenda of the Event
10:30 – 12:00 GMT SESSION 1: TECH ECONOMY AND MARKET
- Rethinking and unleashing digital, tech innovation and e-Conomy in Africa – African Union (AU) digital transformation strategy for Africa
- Maximizing Africa’s $180 Billion digital economy innovation and technology investment opportunities
- Revealing the potentials of Africa’s prudent innovations and informal innovative SME sector
- Steering the growth and scaling up of tech SME businesses and companies
- Diving into Africa remote economy, virtual services, E-Services, Business Process Outsourcing (BPO), and E-commerce sectors
- Speeding up innovative Knowledge Transfer and partnerships (KTP)
- Aiding Africa’s connectivity, networks, and telecommunication
To be discussed by:
Dr. Benjamin Kwasi Addom – Adviser, Agriculture and Fisheries Trade Policy (Digital) at The Commonwealth Secretariat
Prof John Ouma-Mugabe – Professor of Science and Innovation Policy, University of Pretoria and Director, Foundation for Innovation and Technology (FIT)
Ben Roberts – Group Chief Technology and Innovation Officer, Liquid Intelligent Technologies
Fargani Tambeayuk – Head of Connectivity Policy, Africa at Meta
12:00 – 13:30 GMT SESSION 2: INVESTMENT, FINANCE AND FINTECH
- Sponsoring R&D, African tech start-ups, digital SME businesses, and innovations technology start-ups VC investment ecosystem: Angel investors, venture capitalists, FDI and DFI funding
- Banking and financial technologies: Defi, FinTech, Digital Currencies, and Crypto peer-to-peer trading
- Investing in digital trials and technologies
To be discussed by:
Ben White – Founder and CEO At VC4A, co-founder ABAN and AfriLabs
Kagiso Mothibi – Head: Fintech Unit & Innovation Hub, Financial Sector Conduct Authority, South Africa
Ogugua Osakwe-Adegbite – Head of Strategy and International Expansion, M-PESA Africa
13:30 – 15:00 GMT SESSION 3: TECHNOLOGY, DIGITAL, AND INNOVATION
- Leveling up technological advancement, adoption, modernization, and digital transformation
- Processing digitalization and digitization technologies and innovations
- Discussing smart cities, offices, homes, and factory technologies
- Health Tech, innovation, EdTech, MedTech, and digital medicine
- Business collaboration and management systems by Cloud, Edge Computing, AI, IoT, Blockchains, ML, VX, VR, ERD, Data Centres, TaaS, SaaS, PaaS, DigCom, GovTech
- Energy, smart grids, electricity distribution, and energy efficiency management system
- Clean Tech, sustainability, and circular economy management innovations
- Looking into the emergence of digital solutions for the development
- Transport, mobility (MaaS), logistic and supply chain management technologies
- Discussing Cyber security, attacks, data protection, and digital tech security threats
To be discussed by:
Ifeoma Malo – CEO, Clean Tech Hub Nigeria
Nanko Madu – Director of Programmes at AfriLabs
Gift Agboro – Acting Deputy Country Director at the UK-Nigeria Tech Hub
Julio Malikane – Technical Specialist, Digital Health & Education at United Nations Capital Development Fund (UNCDF)
Joylynn Kirui – Senior Cloud Security Advocate, Microsoft
Click Here to buy tickets.
By registering to attend this event, you consent to hold of your personal data and usage of event images in line with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Compliance. Be assured that your data will be kept confidential and only be used to keep you updated on any events activities by SSCG.
For further inquiries and partnership, please email email@example.com.