Who we are?
The Delta is a corporate venture builder that specializes in working with corporates who want to drive innovation through corporate venturing. Led by a team of venture builders, we have a significant amount of experience in ideating, validating, designing, building, and launching startups from the ground up. Unlike accelerators or incubators, we see ourselves as co-founders of a startup who work closely with the corporate intrapreneur.
We have a highly skilled and dedicated team of Product Managers, Designers, Engineers, and Marketers who are all inspired and motivated to build, launch and scale successful products and ventures. One of our values is to “make an impact with every product we build”, and we ensure that this value is represented in everything that we do.
Why work with us?
We combine lean startup methodology with corporate assets using cutting-edge technology, design principles, and processes applied to real-world problems. By doing this we create the sweet spot for disruptive innovation. You will have endless opportunities for learning new skills in a wide range of disruptive technology, market areas, and various industries.
How we work
We encourage you and allow you to move forward with new ideas to help grow the company. Most importantly, we encourage you to be yourself and have fun. We don’t promote work/life balance in the traditional sense, rather we believe in “work/life integration.” We like having a good time at work, not just outside of it. There’s no need to hide your random quirks or awkward dance moves from us. In a way, you might be taking a “break from life” by working here!
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a Product Manager who demonstrates an entrepreneurial mindset who will work in the product team. The Product Manager is responsible for the strategic research, planning, and execution throughout the product life-cycle, including identifying potential products, conducting market research, generating product requirements, determining high-level specifications (production timetables, pricing, and marketing strategies), and time-integrated plans for product introduction.
Some of the things that you’ll do
Depending on your role, team, experience, and skillset, this includes:
The Product Manager is responsible for gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision and roadmap, and working closely with product owners, project managers, engineering, sales, marketing, and other specialist product stakeholders to ensure that product launch, revenue, and customer satisfaction are met. The Product Manager’s job also includes ensuring that the product supports the company’s overall strategy and goals.
The Product Manager will be expected to use a high level of knowledge and experience in setting the long-term vision and strategy of the product and communicating this strategy to internal and external stakeholders.
Pending the scope and size of the project, the Product Manager may also take on some tactical and execution responsibilities of a product owner, such as prioritizing needs, managing the product backlog, creating user stories and acceptance criteria, and overseeing development stages working within a SCRUM team.
• Determine customers’ needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information.
• Recommend the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements, and appraising new product ideas and/or product changes.
• Assesses market competition by comparing the product to competitors’ products.
• Provide source data for product communications by defining product marketing communication objectives.
• Obtain product market share by working with the venture owners/sponsors to develop product sales and marketing strategies.
• Provide information for venture owners/sponsors by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses, and answering questions and requests.
• Bring new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs, preparing return-on-investment analyses, and establishing time schedules with product owners, project managers, and engineering teams.
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
What you’ll need
• Experience working as a product manager, preferably in a similar role, with a BA/BSc or equivalent.
• Good understanding of software development life-cycle models as well as knowledge of both Agile and traditional product-management principles and practices, and the ability to blend them in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment.
• Sufficient level of technical background to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues.
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of the business need with the ability to establish/maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level.
• Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view.
• Customer-first, ABCD thinking mindset.
• Proactive, self-starter with an ability to manage multiple tasks effectively.
• Critical thinker and problem-solver who pays attention to detail.
• Ability to engage, influence, and inspire stakeholders to drive collaboration and alignment.
• A high degree of organization, individual initiative, and personal accountability.
• Understanding of development methodologies and processes, such as Agile, SCRUM, and Kanban.
• Team player.
• Excellent time-management skills.
• Great interpersonal, troubleshooting, and communication skills.
• Initial CV and LinkedIn screening.
• A 30-minute call to assess skill and experience and get to know each other with a relevant team lead.
• A face-to-face/online technical interview, possibly a whiteboard problem or take-home assignment.
• A chat with Team & Culture and /other team leads.
• Reference checks (at least 2) and personal checks (socials, networks, etc).
• On the option of hanging out with the team (online/offline).
Additional reasons to love us
• Great culture.
• Co-drive the corporate venture start-up space (co-found a startup).
• Cutting-edge technology.
• Flexible working hours and remote working options.
• Be part of shaping the next venture game-changer.
The job location is Cape Town, South Africa and it is full-time. The deadline is on the 29th of December, 2021.