The Making More Health (MMH) Accelerator programme is an eleven-month structured programme designed to support social enterprise. Cohorts of social entrepreneurs in the healthcare industry are recognised and offered capacity building with technical as well as financial support. MMH Accelerator is organized by Ashoka and Boehringer Ingelheim; and is in its fourth year. Participants will test and pilot new business ideas or models and will pitch for scale-up.
MMH Accelerator focuses on the healthcare sector, rewarding healthcare providers and services as well as healthtech. The programme has adopted a “co-creation” approach which will connect employees of Boehringer Ingelheim and participants in order to promote continued collaboration on solutions for healthcare access.
How Does The Programme Work?
There are two phases:
1. The Pilot Phase: it runs for 12 months; it involves co-creation and pilot implementation of a high-impact project that will drive the growth and sustainability of participating enterprises. This phase comes with financial support of €50,000.
2. The Scale-up Phase: it runs for 12 months after the pilot phase. Enterprises that reach this phase will get additional financial support of €100,000 – €200,000. It involves hand-in-hand collaboration of the participating social entrepreneurs and Boehringer Ingelheim employees for scale-up projects.
Can I Apply?
You can apply if you have a proven social business that addresses obstacles to healthcare for humans and animals. Such obstacles could border on availability, affordability, access and awareness in healthcare.
Examples of solutions include: digital health solutions, micro-health insurance, last-mile vaccine delivery models, emergency transportation services, health data analytics, supply chain innovations, etc.
What Are The Eligibility Criteria?
- Legal Entity: Business or social enterprise
- Age: At least three years in operation
- Sector: Direct or indirect connection to human or animal health
- Country of Operation: Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda
- Revenue: At least $100k annual sales revenue
- Impact: Evidence of social impact
- Team: At least eight team members including founders
- Growth stage: Startups
When Is The Deadline?
January 31, 2022
To apply, go here.