UNESCO has opened up nominations for the UNESCO King Hamad Bin Isa Al-Khalifa Prize for the Use of ICT in Education 2021 edition. This year’s theme is The Use of Technology to enable Inclusive Crisis-resilient Learning Systems.
This award seeks to celebrate and reward innovators creating, developing, and building technology-based methods for promoting quality education. The focus is on expanding and fostering learning opportunities for every individual in fulfillment of the 2030 Sustainable Development Goal 4 on Education.
UNESCO observes that technology has the ability to enhance teaching and learning and also increase access to good education. The UN agency further observes that about 95% of the world population has the potential to gain from educational services based on digital solutions.
This Prize was established in 2005 and is supported by the Kingdom of Bahrain. A jury picks the best two projects as the prize winners.
What is the Prize?
Prize winners get:
- A medal
- A diploma given at the UNESCO Paris headquarters
Can I Apply?
The following are allowed to apply; individuals, institutions, non-governmental organisations and other entities.
What Are the Eligibility Requirements?
- The project should have been run for at least 1 year
- The project and organization should not have any affiliation with UNESCO or have received prior funding from UNESCO
- The technology/digital tools used by the project should be open and free.
What is the Selection Criteria?
- Relevance to the Thematic Focus: The project correlates with the objectives of the Prize and is relevant to the theme of the year’s edition
- Innovation: The project uses innovative technologies to provide accessible and inclusive tools
- Evidence of Impact: The project has to have evidence of impact
- Potential for Replicability and Scalability: The project should prove that it can be replicated in other scenarios or have the potential to improve and scale its impact
- Inclusion and Equity: The project should apply innovative technologies to advance inclusion and equity in education, as well as take consideration of marginalized groups, learners in crises, and learners with disabilities.
When is the Deadline?
February 18, 2022
Go here to apply.