Technovation annual invites for teams of young girls around the globe is here again with a new dimension. Technovation is introducing a new beginner division open to ages 8-12 and a new technology option.
These teams of girls are going to learn and put in skills required to solve a real-life problem through the use of technology.
The Beginner Division of Technovation
This is a new division for younger students and it will be open to girls of ages 8-12. The new division structure will be:
- The Beginner Division: ages 8-12
- Junior Division: ages 13-15
- and Senior Division: ages 16-18
The new Technology Option
The girls now have a choice of selection for their submission project. The girls will still be learning to create technology to solve community problems but from this edition, they have a choice to select between either developing an AI-powered prototype or a mobile application prototype as their submission project.
Any girl or woman between the ages of 8-18 years of age is eligible to participate. Transgender people and those who identify as non-binary or gender nonconforming and want to be a part of a female-identified space are welcome.
To join the competition, a girl must join or form a team on technovation online platform. The girl’s guardian /parent must sign the consent form and meet the listed Student Participation Criteria:
- All students must be of age 8-18 years of age.
- Students must identify as female, trans, nonbinary, or gender nonconforming. Students who self-identify as male or assigned male at birth can not enter the competition.
- Teams are to be between 1-5 students. Students are eligible to join 1 team. Though, there isn’t any number limit on mentors per team.
- The competition divisions are going to be based on the age of the eldest on the team. This means if a 13 years old is in a team of 12 years old, the team will be judged in the Junior division.
- Students can participate in Technovation Girls for more than one season until the age of 18. You are allowed to work with the same team members and mentors but with a different submission material. Also, the team can explore the same problem but the app prototype must differ each year.
Timeline for this year Technovation 2022 Season
Registration opens: Dec 2021.
Official Season Launch: Jan 10, 2022. It is recommended to start in Jan at least so that there will be a whole 12 weeks to work on the project. Submission opens today.
Registration Deadline: For students and mentors is March 25, 2022, at 23:59 UTC. This is the last day to formally register a team.
Submission Deadline: April 26, 2022, at 23:59 UTC
World Summit: August 2022.
Please Note: curriculum for junior and senior division is available all year-round. So, students can start working on their projects early and even register in December.
To register, kindly use this link.