Propel seeks to build an ecosystem for the future of work. With this mission, propel is building novel products, new channels, and extensive partnerships to harness the abundance and growth potential of African tech talent.
Software Engineer-Backend Role
- Job Type: Full Time, Remote
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Job Field: ICT/Computer
- Create, develop document tools to support the development lifecycle;
- Support development teams on the usage of frameworks and tools;
- Work with Principal Engineers by helping define the technical roadmap for their domain;
- Contribute to unblock issues that the development teams are facing on their daily basis work;
- Evolve your technical capabilities to the next level while using state-of-the-art technologies (.Net, SQL Server, Mongo, Cassandra, Kafka, Elastic, Redis, and Docker);
- Mentor and help grow other team members.
- An expert in object-oriented languages (C#, .NET or Java);
- Knowledgeable of unit tests and integration tests;
- A person who is passionate about code quality;
- A person that stays on top of all best practices of modern software development;
- Knowledgeable of SQL and experience using relational databases;
- Knowledgeable of REST APIs;
- Experienced in NoSQL databases and SOA architecture is a plus;
- A professional with experience working with Scrum methodologies is also a plus;
- Someone who is autonomous and able to make technical decisions to have a positive impact on our platform.