The Ghanian Acceleration program for early and growth stage Startups MEST Express Acceleration Program is now accepting applications for the 2022 MEST Express program.
The MEST Express acceleration program is a 20 weeks program designed to give hands-on expert-led workshops, mentorship, and business interventions to startups that are focused on rapid practical application and realistic business outcomes.
The program collaborates with founders to make sure their businesses are growth assured and have increased impact. Each cohort of the program has the opportunity to participate in a pitching session where the most successful of all receive equity-free grant funding.
The program sessions will be physical and virtual. All participants are expected to participate actively in all required sessions either physically or virtually. The COVID pandemic protocols will be duly adhered to for the safety of all the program participants.
Mest Express Acceleration Program Requirement
- Ghanaian startups in the early to growth stage
- About 1-3 years in operation
- Startups must be tech-enabled or technology related
- $100,000 or less in funding
- Proven to be a problem-solution fit
- Already generating revenues
- Ability to demonstrate traction
- Open to any business model
Focus Area for the Program
- Funding and Investment readiness
- Risk Management & Crisis Resilience
- Product Management and Positioning
- Business & Revenue Modelling
- Sales and Customer Acquisition
- Market Research and Competitive Analysis
- Brand awareness and Marketing
- Organizational Structuring
Capital: Most successful, the best-performing startup receives equity-free grant funding for sustainable growth.
Know-how: Startups will learn and apply strategies that are focused on rapid application and worthwhile outcomes.
Mentorship: Access to industry professionals and sector experts mentorship.
Network Access: Acess to meet and link up with the community of experts, investors, and founders.
Schedule of the Program
- Week 0- Onboarding and Orientation
- Week 1- Assessing participant needs
- Week 2 to Week 4- Workshops ongoing
- Week 5- Assigning Mentors
- Week 6 to Week 9- Workshops ongoing
- Week 10 – Midpoint debriefs
- Week 11 to Week 19- Workshops continues
- Week 20- Restrospective and Final Exhibition
- Fill out the application form on F6S (startups are required to create an account)
- Startups will be shortlisted for the interview stage
- Shortlisted startups interview are conducted
- Finalists receive offer letters
Applications open: Nov. 8, 2021
Applications close: Jan 16, 2022
Program Begins: Feb 21, 2022
Program Ends: June 15, 2022
For more information: Visit the MEST Scale Venture Acceleration Program 2022