Cairo-based Flat6Labs program introduces nine (9) of their most innovative tech startups at the latest demo day. This is the first in-person dem since the Covid-19 pandemic outbreak that took place on the 24th of Nov at Nile Ritz-Carlton hotel.
The nine(9) graduate startups from the 17th cycle of the Cairo Seed Program were chanced to take the stage and present their new products and services to various potential stakeholders such as investors, corporates, customers, and lots more who will be looking forward to supporting the scalability of the business.
The highly-tailored Flat6Labs program offers training and coaching sessions, multiple networking opportunities, perks and services, and legal support to the cohort to get maximum value to grow and make an impact.
The Flat6Labs Cairo program provides startups with cash funding of about EGP1.5 million (US$95,000) in exchange for up to 10 percent(10%) equity.
“Our present Fund size allows us to provide a better suitable investment to our startups at this current times, helping them get the right talent and survive longer. Flat6Labs Egypt now offers seed tickets up to EGP 1.5 million and our follow-on funding tickets to selected startups can reach 3 million Egyptian pounds,” says the managing Partner of Flat6Labs Egypt, Marie Therese Fam.
The outstanding cohort of the graduating startups for the fall 2021 cycle of the Cairo Seed program which started on 24th August 2021 has worked on developing their solutions across various sectors which include E-commerce, Health Tech, IoT devices, Food & Beverages, SaaS, and EduTech(Education Technology).
The Nine(9) graduate startups include:
- Edupay fintech: which aims at simplifying transactions and interactions in education through empowerment to education seekers and rendering assistance throughout their journey
- Elmawkaa: a B2B web/mobile app on e-commerce that connects contractors with suppliers seamlessly.
- Kokens: a Kitchen as a Service(KaaS) online platform that transforms online food recipes into a menu available to everyone to launch their virtual food brands.
- PacknSave: web/mobile app on e-commerce store that provides for online bulk grocery buying.
- Qubx: this is an on-demand 3D radiological service provider that helps surgeons easily plan for their surgeries.
- Venu: a platform that aids modern tech solutions to enhance users’ experience with restaurants while increasing the restaurant’s productivity, profitability, as well as customer engagement.
- Zatona Eats: is an all-in-one meal planning and ordering application that provides an end-to-end solution for personalized meal plans, cooked meals, scheduled delivery, nutrition therapy, as well as medical supervision.
- Zr3i: this is a web/mobile app that provides crop monitoring, management, and farm-to-fork product traceability services to the Egyptian Market and the Arab world.
- Waseya: this is an online will maker that allows users to write a legally binding will, calculate one’s Net Asset Worth, and compute the Islamic shares of each inheritor while complying with local laws and the Islamic jurisprudence.
His excellency Dr. Amr Talaat, Egypt’s Minister of Communications and Information Technology, and Ahmed El Alfi, Flat6Labs’ Founder honored the flat6Labs team with their presence and commended the creative solutions provided by the startups to tackle some of Egypt and the region’s most pressing issues.