Dell Technologies Graduation Project Competition for senior undergraduate students in the Middle East, Russia, Africa, and Turkey.
Dell Technologies graduation project competition is an annual undergraduate student competition organized by Dell Technologies. The competition is intended to spark the creativity of students for their graduation projects to play an active role in the Transformation of IT and get the opportunity to shine and win prizes.
If you are a senior student who is working on your graduation project in any of the below topics in the Healthcare, Well-being, and Education sectors, you are welcome to join Dell Technologies Graduation Project for a very exciting ride!
The targeted topics: IoT, AI, Multi-cloud, and 5G.
*For Specific use cases please refer to Use cases and References Page.
Eligibility & Criteria
- Students who wish to participate should be in their senior year and should be enrolled in any academic Institution in the Middle East, Russia, Africa, and Turkey.
- Students should have a faculty member as their supervisor.
- Students should be non-governmental employees and full-time university students.
- The authenticity of the information provided by the students should be validated by the head of his or her department.
- Students should be listed only in one project.
- All communication between Dell Technologies and the project team will be done through the project academic advisor and the designated team leader.
- Each competing team should consist of a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 6 members.
- One of the team members should be selected as a team leader with the following responsibilities.
Team Leader duties:
- Act as the sole contact point between the student team and the Dell Technologies team for the Envision the Future competition.
- Play the role of “Project Manager”, as defined in the professional literature and refined by the team.
- Lead the team to set up –and implement- communication mechanisms that ensure a complete and transparent exchange of information.
- Coordinate team meetings and schedules.
- Make sure that team members communicate with each other as scheduled and in a professional, and well-documented way.
- Lead the team to set up –and implement- proper and effective mechanisms for conflict avoidance and resolution.
- Monitor and document the progress of the project.
- Make sure that project activities are conducted –and the deliverables are submitted- in accordance with the project plan and in full compliance with the instructions of the academic advisor.
- Work with enthusiasm, motivate team members, and keep high morale and work ethics.
- Provide information to and from the team.
- Coordinate meetings and their schedule.
- Envision the details of the project including its objectives and constraints.
- Make sure that team members communicate with each other as scheduled and in a professional way.
- Ensure that all members contribute meaningfully to each meeting and to the project as a whole in terms of content and times.
- In case of conflicts, he/she should lead resolving it soon by compromise, discussion, or through an external arbitrator.
- Record and monitor the progress of the project as scheduled.
- Make sure that deliverables are submitted as instructed by the team advisor.
- Manage the settlement of the WebEx during the competition.
The originality and novelty of the ideas are the core of our competition and one of the important pillars. Plagiarism which is taking someone else’s work or ideas and passing them off as one’s own is against the ethics of our competition.
Prizes & Benefits
Winners of the competition will receive cash prizes as below:
- First place will receive a cash prize of $5,000.
- Second place will receive a cash prize of $4,000.
- Third place winner will receive a cash prize of $3,000.
- All the Top 10 team members will get recognition certificates for their achievements.
- We will be offering a mentoring opportunity by Dell Experts for our finalists’ projects (who will pass the interim phase to the final one).
- A formal award ceremony will be organized at one of the major Dell Technologies events in the region. All the members of the winning team and their academic advisor(s) will be invited to attend the ceremony along with senior officials from their university/college.
How to Participate
Students are invited to submit their project abstracts in areas related to the advancement of technology and applications related to the following focus areas: Use cases in AI, IoT and Multi-Cloud and 5G.
The competition consists of 3 phases:
- Project Abstract Submission:
Submission window: 15th of November till 30th of December 2021.
Announcement of Shortlisted Projects 20th February 2022.
Get the abstract evaluation form here.
- Interim Design Report Submission:
Submission deadline: 5th of March 2022.
Announcement of The Top 20 Finalists: 26th of March 2022. Teams will be offered a technical mentorship from Dell Technologies.
- Final Report Submission:
Submission 25 July 2022.
The Winners Announcement – 4th September 2022.
Determination of Winners:
All the documents submitted to the competition are blindly reviewed and evaluated by international professors and experts who reside outside the region. Each document is reviewed by at least two different evaluators.
How to Apply?