Co-creation Hub is Africa’s leading technology innovation ecosystem builder on a mission to accelerate the application of science, technology, and social capital for economic prosperity across Africa.
Our mandate is to build a formidable innovation ecosystem with a deeply rooted network, cultivating strategic partnerships and practical industry know-how that can support entrepreneurs and innovators in building thoughtful, relevant, and scalable solutions. From our locations in Lagos, Abuja, Ijebu Ode (in Nigeria), Nairobi (Kenya), and Kigali (Rwanda), we have built a vibrant community of over 81,000 people and counting and have supported a portfolio of over 120 early-stage ventures including Lifebank, Ushahidi, Riby, BudgIT, Stutern, Kopo Kopo, Sendy, mFarm, Wecyclers and many more.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop, manage and advise on projects, partnerships and activities to deliver against a creative economy ecosystem development strategy. The selected candidate will support the development of a core area of a Creative Economy portfolio working with sector stakeholders, and communities.
You will manage various stakeholders across Africa and internationally and contribute to fundraising efforts to scale up programming.
• The Programme Manager (PM) will be responsible for the design, planning, contracting, implementation, and close-out of a portfolio of activities linked to Creative Economy ecosystem development in Africa.
• The PM will work in close collaboration with the Unit Head and stakeholders to identify, prioritize, and design activities that will respond to the creative economy priorities to further the objectives of the practice.
• Project manages the planning, schedules, and budgets for agreed activities to ensure that all tasks are completed within the timeframe and budget parameters defined during project design.
• The PM will serve as the main point of contact for internal and external stakeholders to ensure that all activities fit within a strategic and applicable portfolio.
• Interface with other units in the organization (Finance, Communications, Design) to deliver agreed programs.
• Participating in donor and grant application processes including design, submission, and review.
• Provide progress reports on programs to key officers for prompt decision-making.
Relationship and stakeholder management
• Create a framework that guides engagement between the unit and the various levels of stakeholders; the PM must be able to maintain good relations with all associated parties.
• Proactively identify and pursue opportunities for developing new physical and digital audiences for delivery of the units’ projects in Africa.
• Identify thematic priorities that align with partner interests and develop standardized concept notes for pitching to multiple partners.
• Curate relevant activities, stakeholders, events, and workshops that will drive innovation in the selected thematic areas.
Communication and Evaluation
• Work with the Community Manager and Communications Unit to develop and manage digital marketing and audience development campaigns including but not limited to social media platforms.
• Provide content to the Communications Unit for communications materials for distribution internally and externally.
• Ensure the evaluation strategy for each project is implemented by program standards and to report likely variations from the target.
Do apply if you have a keen understanding of:
• How Creative Economy Value Chains work and current barriers and opportunities within this in an African content
• Programme design and related tools for example relating to financial management and reporting, evaluation, contract management, etc
• Job creation and livelihood development strategies in an African context
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements
• At least 7 years experience designing, and leading delivery of incubation, acceleration, or capacity-building programs focused on artistic, entrepreneurship, digital or technical skills within the Creative Economy in Africa.
• Degree Level or Equivalent in Economics, Management, or related discipline
• Project Management qualification is desirable.
• Experience supporting ecosystem development either in a specific sector within or across the Creative Economy in a formal /corporate context.
• Strong networks across at least one major African market for Creative Economy although experience across multiple markets is preferred.
• Experience working with international donors/ on international donor-funded projects.
• Relationship management with senior stakeholders in partner/donor organizations and government.
• Creativity skills in developing programs and methods for engaging an audience toward the success of the unit.
It is a full-time job and the role can be based anywhere in Africa although Lagos, Nairobi, or Kigali are preferred.
What we offer
• Paid time off
• Healthcare coverage
• A highly collaborative team environment that will support your professional and personal growth
• Work alongside great talent.
• A culture of learning and innovation.
• Opportunities for career growth and training.
• Interaction with industry leaders and forward-thinking people.
• A chance to make a social difference.
• Overall fun company.
Click here to apply.