Cisco has a commitment to impact the lives of 1 billion people by 2025, and as such, they look to empower global problem solvers who can keep up with the digital economy.
Cisco Systems, Inc. is an American multinational technology conglomerate corporation headquartered in San Jose, California. Integral to the growth of Silicon Valley, Cisco develops, manufactures and sells networking hardware, software, telecommunications equipment and other high-technology services and products.
The 2022 edition is the 6th annual Cisco Global Problem Solver Challenge. This programme aims to acknowledge ideas that utilise technology for social impact by early-stage startuppers across the world.
The rewards of this programme are meant to foster the adoption of new technology that aids economic development and resolves social or environmental issues.
Who can Enter?
Persons who use digital/tech-based solutions to impact society or the environment. The focus of impact comprises water, food security, healthcare, education, financial inclusion, and the environment, amongst others.
When is the Deadline?
February 11, 2022
What are the Prizes?
- $250,000 Grand Prize: a single team will be the grand prize winner
- $75,000 Regional First Runners-Up: three teams will receive this cash prize each
- $50,000 Second Runners-Up: three teams will claim this each
- $10,000 People’s Choice
- $15,000 Cisco Employee’s Choice
- $100,000 Climate Impact and Regeneration Prize
- $50,000 Climate Impact and Regeneration Prize Runners-Up
- $50,000 HBCU Startup Prize
- November 30, 2021: Applications open
- February 11, 2022: Applications close
- April 26, 2022: Semi-Finalists are invited to submit
- May 20, 2022: Semi-Finalist submissions close
- July 5, 2022: Finalists announced and People’s Choice Voting opens
- July 29, 2022: People’s Choice Voting closes
- August 23, 2022: Winners announced.
For more information, visit the official website here.
To apply, click here.