Applications are open for the 2022 Lead2030 Challenge for SDG5. Supported by 100+ Accelerator and powered by AB InBev, the challenge aims to discover and support solutions which will empower women and bridge the equality gap thereby promoting a more prosperous and sustainable world.
The challenge is open to innovative solutions from women-founded companies that give solutions to any of the following:
- Infrastructure solutions that provide women-owned or operated small enterprises with opportunities to improve their access to energy, sanitation and security
- Digital skills training solutions that measurably and lastingly improve the knowledge and practices of women-owned/operated small enterprises, with the potential for significant scale
- Affordable, accessible financial products (e.g. low-interest loan products, insurance)
- Renewable energy technology with super high efficiency for trucking, rail, ocean and air including biofuel, electric, wind, solar and water – that are accessible for the entire market
- New packaging materials to eliminate/reduce plastic, increasing recycled content and/or new ways to incorporate our supply chain waste into our packaging materials
- Alternatives to increase recycling and reuse PET
- New solutions to improve water quality or availability in high stressed watersheds.
What’s the Prize?
The winning solution will join the third cohort of organisations that are supported by 100+ Accelerator. The program participants will go through the following key elements:
The first three months of the program happen in-market (executing a pilot in a specific geographic zone). The beginning of the program will require three to five days in New York City for a minimum of 1 and maximum of 3 company representatives (preferably CEO/CTO).
100+ Sustainability Accelerator will offer in-person and remote corporate development and programming to further support startups as they scale.
100+ Accelerator will invest up to $100K in the winning solution. The aim of this investment is to bring startups into the AB InBev investment portfolio.
One Young World Summit
One representative of the winning solution will be invited to participate in the One Young World Summit 2022 which will be held in Tokyo from 16 – 19 May.
What’s the Criteria?
- Solutions that are clearly aligned with the SDG5 Challenge
- Founded by a person aged 18-30
- Led and founded by at least one female founder
- Product/service already in market or ready to enter the market
- Solutions must have positive social impact
- Impacts of solutions must be measurable
- Must be efficient to survive independently through resources generated and investments raised
- Potential to perform as well after expanding and entering other regions.