IBM is organizing the Great Minds Initiative internship program. IBM Great Minds Initiative internship is a competition for students from Africa, the Middle East, central and eastern Europe.
The initiative, which has been running for more than a decade, offers students the unique privilege to work in the company of world-class scientists in the cutting-edge IT research organization. The program also benefits Universities when the Great Minds winners bring back a valuable understanding of real industry problems, knowledge of advanced IBM technologies, and contacts throughout IBM Research.
The internships will commence in 2022 at one of the IBM Research Labs in Zurich, Nairobi, or Johannesburg. The exact starting date is unspecified.
- Winners will receive a large sum of money to cover their travel expenses.
- Cash compensation that adequately covers the cost of living in Switzerland, Kenya, or South Africa respectively.
- IBM will also obtain the necessary visa and work permits for the successful candidates.
The program is open to any full-time student enrolled in a Master’s program with a focus on
- Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning
- Applied Mathematics / Computer Science
- Life Sciences
- Chemistry and/or Computational Chemistry
- Biology and/or Computational Biology
- Neuromorphic Computing / Networks
at a recognized university in central or eastern Europe, the Middle East, or Africa. The students must have a solid command of the English language in both written and spoken form.
IBM is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all genders as well as minority groups.
Application deadline: The application submission deadline for the 2022 Great Minds internships is 15 December 2021.
Click here for more information.