The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) has opened its fellowship program application for ICANN74. This is a policy forum that is open only to those who have previously completed an ICANN fellowship.
The aim of the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) fellowship program is to strengthen the diversity of the multitask holders model by enhancing opportunities for individuals from underserved and underrepresented communities to be active participants in the ICANN community.
Fellows are being exposed to the doings of the ICANN community, assigned mentors and they will be receiving training across different areas of knowledge and skill buildings before, during, and after the ICANN public meeting.
Details of the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)Fellowship:
- Application Deadline is December 15th, 2021
- The meeting Date is June 13- June 16, 2022
- Venue: The Hague, Netherlands
Please note, if ICANN74 is held virtually then, the fellowship program will also be held virtually.
The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) Fellowship Requirements:
Application for the ICANN74 policy forum is now open. Only those that have successfully completed an ICANN fellowship i.e fellowship alumni are eligible to apply for a policy forum fellowship.
Also, an ICANN account is required to apply for the Fellowship Program.
Travel assistance is also provided to attend the meeting.
- Are welcome from all regions and sectors to apply for the ICANN fellowship program.
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Have to be interested in, or already engaged in various components of ICANN’s work such as policy building, operations of the Domain Name System, the security and the stability of the global Internet
- Should have complete mandatory ICANN learn course(s). More info here
- Must not be involved in or associated with other ICANN supported travel programs at the time of selection
- Who applied for the Policy forum must have successfully completed an ICANN fellowship
- Must have no more than two fellowships. Candidates who are second and third fellow must prove their involvement and engagement in one of the ICANN communities
Upon recipients, fellows are expected to:
- Be engaged in Fellowship Program Mentoring processes
- Have completed additional required ICANN Learn courses (link above)
- Attend the ICANN Public Meeting and all required activities including but not limited to ICANN Fellowship sessions during the ICANN meeting
- Be networking and interacting with the program Alumni and the community members
- Complete the post-meeting survey form provided
For more information, kindly visit the official webpage