ONA-Poynter Leadership Academy 2022 Accelerator Program for Women in Digital Media- USA (funded). The Women’s Leadership accelerator offers intensive mentoring, discussion, and learning programs from some top minds in the digital media space.
The participants will be working closely with assigned mentors on unique challenges in their career path and also get support coaching from ONA throughout the year.
This is an awesome program where women get to have:
- Virtual kickoff workshop in March and an in-person cohort gathering in either May or June 2022 focusing on hands-on and professional work, in-depth discussion about leadership, a work-life balance, and problem-solving in the newsroom. Deep dives into developing leadership and management skills as well as one on one mentoring from industry leaders
- Registration to the Online News Association Conference (ONA22)
- A year of check-ins and practical targeted guidance as well as personal coaching based on individual challenges
- A half-day workshop closing workshop for September 2022 cohort in coordination with ONA22
- An opportunity to be a part of a cohort of peers which will serve as a strong career-long support system.
Details of the Program:
- November 3 – Application opens
- November 30 – close of application at 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time (5:59 am GMT+1 next day)
- Spring 2022 – Cohort announced
- The week of March 28 – Virtual workshop kickoff
- May or June – In-person workshop in Los Angeles commence (exact dates will be communicated)
- The week of September 18 – Close of the workshop at Los Angeles during ONA22
Previous challenges addressed by the cohort are:
- Creating a workflow for collaboration across desks on special news projects
- How to build a new digital team in a legacy media organization
- Setting benchmarks for success for new media startups
- Including more diverse voices by changing organizational cultures
- Getting buy-ins on projects that are designed for upcoming social platforms
- Practical solutions on how to deal with colleagues who are actively blocking projects
To get started with the application, use this link