Bongalo is a fast-growing Traveltech startup on a mission to connect travelers to affordable, comfortable, and most convenient accommodation options across Africa.
We are looking for a detail-oriented and passionate Product Designer. You will be designing our Mobile application, Administrative, and user dashboards while improving our current web UI/UX designs. You will envision how people experience our platforms and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired, refined, and even magical. You will be working in a collaborative environment, however, you should be able to work well on your own and also be happy to assist the CTO when required and contribute to overall continuous improvement within the team.
The job location is in Kigali, Rwanda. It is a full-time job.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: Within this role, you will:
Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers.
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows, and sitemaps.
- Design graphics user interfaces elements, like menus, tabs, and widgets.
- Build page navigation buttons and search fields.
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites look & function.
Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches, and tables).
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders.
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness).
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback.
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors, and images.
- 2 years of proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role.
Portfolio of design projects.
- Knowledge of wireframe tools (e.g. Figma, InVision).
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, or Adobe XD.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders.
- Desirable team working and organizational skills.
- A degree in computer science or a related field.
- A demonstrated ability to work on a variety of tasks at the same time, and keep track of a variety of work-streams.
- The ability to take feedback and seek out areas of improvement from your peers.
Familiarity with google workspace, Trello and slack, etc.
- Proficiency in the English language.
NB: We’re unable to provide feedback to all applicants. Only shortlisted candidates will be
The deadline is on the 11th of January, 2022. Click here to apply.